Nitrous Oxide is a colorless, odorless, non-flammable gas.
Nitrous oxide is used as an inhalation anesthetic. It is sometimes called laughing gas. It is commonly used as an anesthetic and analgesic in dentistry and surgery.
Nitrous oxide is also used as propellant for whipped cream cans. It is used as an oxidizer in a rocket engine. It allows the engine in car racing to burn more fuel by providing more oxygen than air alone which results in a more powerful combustion.
- Used chiefly as an inhalation anesthetic
- As a dispersing agent in whipped cream cans
- Used as an oxidizer in a rocket motor
- It allows the engine in car racing to burn more fuel by providing more oxygen than air alone which results in a more powerful combustion
- Can be used as an anesthetic and analgesic in dentistry and surgery
|Grade 4.5||Grade 5|
|Nitrogen||< 7 ppmv||< 2 ppmv|
|Oxygen||< 2 ppmv||< 2 ppmv|
|Carbon Dioxide||< 2 ppmv||< 2 ppmv|
|Carbon Monoxide||< 0.1 ppmv|
|Methane||< 1 ppmv||< 0.1 ppmv|
|Water||< 2 ppmv|
|Ammonia||< 0.5 ppmv|
|Nitric Oxide and Nitrogen Dioxide||< 0.5 ppmv|
|Chemical & Physical Properties|
|Specific Volume||8.7 cu.ft/lb|
|Pressure @ 70°F||745 psig|
|Valve Outlet||CGA 326 DISS 712|
|DOT Name||Nitrous Oxide|
|DOT No.||UN 1070|
|DOT Label||Non-Flammable Gas Oxidizer|
|Cylinder Size||Fill Weight (lbs)|
**Moisture level guaranteed only when Electronic Fluorocarbons prepares the cylinders.
All concentrations are on a mol/mol basis unless otherwise stated.
Product sold on the basis of total impurities. Individual impurities may vary slightly.
*This gas not available for purchase online.