Boron Trichloride is a colorless, corrosive gas. It is shipped as a liquefied gas.
Submit your details and one of our agents will contact you.
Applications of boron trichloride include the following:
- Used in the refining of aluminum, magnesium, zinc, and copper alloys to remove nitrides, carbides, and oxides from molten metal
- Has been used to extinguish magnesium fires in heat treating furnaces. The boron trichloride forms a magnesium chloride film that prevents air from reaching the metal
- Used as a reagent in the synthesis of organic compounds
- As a starting material for the production of the element boron
- Used in plasma etching in the manufacturing of semiconductor
|Grade 4.5||Grade 5||Grade 5.5|
|Oxygen||< 9 ppmv||< 1 ppmv||< 0.5 ppmv|
|Nitrogen||< 30 ppmv||< 4 ppmv||< 0.5 ppmv|
|Carbon Dioxide||< 5 ppmv||< 2 ppmv||< 0.5 ppmv|
|Carbon Monoxide||< 3 ppmv||< 0.5 ppmv||< 0.3 ppmv|
|Methane||< 1 ppmv||< 0.5 ppmv||< 0.5 ppmv|
|Chlorine||< 1 ppmv||< 1 ppmv||< 0.1 ppmv|
|Phosgene||< 0.1 ppmv|
|Hydrogen Chloride||< 1 ppmv|
|Silicon Tetrachloride||< 2 ppmv|
**Moisture level guaranteed only when Electronic Fluorocarbons prepares the cylinders.
All concentrations are on a mol/mol basis unless otherwise stated.
Product sold on the basis of total impurities. Individual impurities may vary slightly.
|Chemical & Physical Properties|
|Sp. Volume||3.3 cu.ft/lb|
|Pressure @ 70°F||4.4 psig|
|Valve Outlet||CGA 660
|DOT Name||Boron Trichloride|
|DOT No.||UN 1741|
|DOT Label||Poison Gas/Inhalation Hazard, Corrosive Gas|
|Cylinder Size||Fill Weight (lbs)|
*This gas not available for purchase online.