Helium is a colorless, odorless noble gas. It is shipped as a compressed gas.
Submit your details and one of our agents will contact you.
Applications of helium include the following:
- Helium is used in the welding industry as an inert shielding gas for arc welding
- In the cryogenics field
- In mixtures with neon and argon for electronic tubes and neon signs
- Used in large balloons for upper atmosphere and cosmic ray studies and in small balloons by weather forecasters to carry meteorological instruments
- Used in the missile industry to pressurize rocket fuels and force them into rocket engines
- Used in laboratory and research operations as a leak detector, in “dry boxes”, as a temperature standard, as a carrier in gas chromatography, etc.
- Mixture of helium and oxygen is used as a breathing gas for divers who work under high pressures
|Grade 5||Grade 6|
|Nitrogen||< 3 ppmv||< 400 ppbv|
|Oxygen||< 2 ppmv||< 50 ppbv|
|Carbon Dioxide||< 1 ppmv||< 100 ppbv|
|Carbon Monoxide||< 1 ppmv||< 50 ppbv|
|Methane||< 1 ppmv||< 100 ppbv|
|Water||< 3 ppmv||< 200 ppbv|
|Chemical & Physical Properties|
|Sp. Volume||97.1 cu.ft/lb|
|Pressure @ 70°F||2000-2490|
|Valve Outlet||CGA 580
|DOT Name||Helium, Compressed|
|DOT No.||UN 1046|
|DOT Label||Non-Flammable Gas|
|Cylinder Size||Fill Volume (CF)|
*This gas not available for purchase online.