Ammonia is a colorless alkaline gas. It is formed in the body during decomposition of organic materials during a large number of metabolically important reactions. Note that the aqueous form of ammonia is referred to as ammonium hydroxide.
Submit your details and one of our agents will contact you.
Applications of ammonia include the following:
- One of its primary uses is as a fertilizer
- In extracting metals such as copper, nickel, and molybdenum from their ores
- As a processing agent, ammonia is used in the manufacturing of alkalis, ammonium salts, dyes, pharmaceuticals, cuprammonium rayon, and nylon
- When diluted in water, it is used as a common household cleaning agent
- More concentrated forms are used as chemical reagents
- Used in the rubber industry for stabilization of raw latex to prevent coagulation during transportation and storage
- A source of nitrogen for microorganisms and to adjust pH during fermentation
- It is a useful refrigerant due to its vaporization properties
|Grade 5||Grade 5.5||Grade 6.4|
|Nitrogen||< 5 ppmv||< 1.5 ppmv|
|Oxygen||< 0.5 ppmv||(+Ar): <100 ppbv|
|Carbon Monoxide||< 2 ppmv||< 0.1 ppmv||< 50 ppbv|
|Carbon Dioxide||< 0.4 ppmv||< 100 ppbv|
|Hydrogen||< 100 ppbv|
|Methane||< 2 ppmv||< 0.1 ppmv||< 50 ppbv|
|Water||(+O2): < 5 ppmv||< 2 ppmv||< 200 ppbv|
**Moisture level guaranteed only when Electronic Fluorocarbons prepares the cylinders.
All concentrations are on a mol/mol basis unless otherwise stated.
Product sold on the basis of total impurities. Individual impurities may vary slightly.
|Chemical & Physical Properties|
|Specific Volume||22.6 cu. ft/lb|
|Pressure @ 70° F||113.9 psig|
|Valve Outlet||CGA 660
|DOT No.||UN 1005|
|DOT Label||Non-Flammable Gas|
|Cylinder Size||Fill Weight (lbs)|
*This gas not available for purchase online.