Nitrous Oxide is a colorless, odorless, non-flammable gas.
Applications of nitrous oxide include the following:
- Used chiefly as an inhalation anesthetic
- As a dispersing agent in whipped cream cans
- Used as an oxidizer in a rocket motor
- It allows the engine in car racing to burn more fuel by providing more oxygen than air alone which results in a more powerful combustion
- Can be used as an anesthetic and analgesic in dentistry and surgery
|Grade 4.5||Grade 5|
|Nitrogen||< 7 ppmv||< 2 ppmv|
|Oxygen||< 2 ppmv||< 2 ppmv|
|Carbon Dioxide||< 2 ppmv||< 2 ppmv|
|Carbon Monoxide||< 0.1 ppmv|
|Methane||< 1 ppmv||< 0.1 ppmv|
|Water||< 2 ppmv|
|Ammonia||< 0.5 ppmv|
|Nitric Oxide and Nitrogen Dioxide||< 0.5 ppmv|
**Moisture level guaranteed only when Electronic Fluorocarbons prepares the cylinders.
All concentrations are on a mol/mol basis unless otherwise stated.
Product sold on the basis of total impurities. Individual impurities may vary slightly.
|Chemical & Physical Properties|
|Specific Volume||8.7 cu.ft/lb|
|Pressure @ 70°F||745 psig|
|Valve Outlet||CGA 326
|DOT Name||Nitrous Oxide|
|DOT No.||UN 1070|
|DOT Label||Non-Flammable Gas Oxidizer|
|Cylinder Size||Fill Weight (lbs)|