Applying for:Senior Chemist
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensures all analytical instrumentation is maintained in qualified and operational condition at all times, reporting and exceptions to the Lab Manager and Plant Manager.
• Responsible for new instrument instillation and implementation as well as validation studies of equipment.
• Completes all preventive and corrective maintenance and calibration activities in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ensures laboratory standards, reagents, consumables and other supplies are maintained in stock or are available to support quality control activities.
• Performs analyses for incoming raw material, in process and final product as required by Electronic Fluorocarbons’ quality system.
• Prepares and maintains analytical documentation on all conducted analyses as required by Electronic Fluorocarbons’ quality system.
• Completes all analytical or other tasks required by Electronic Fluorocarbons’ quality, SHE, or other systems as assigned.
• Proficiently operates 100% of the analytical equipment, including, but not limited to, Process Analyzers, GC, GC-MS, and ICP-MS.
• Must be certified to test all EFC products that come into the Laboratory.
• Attends training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry with 3+ years instrument validation experience and 3+ years ICP experience doing metals analysis.
• Computer skills required: Microsoft Office; ERP System; Lab Information Management Systems; Minitab.
• Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Frequently required to stand, walk, utilize hand and finger dexterity, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• Regularly is exposed to moving mechanical parts.
• Frequently is exposed to fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals.
• Occasionally is exposed to outside weather conditions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• The employee regularly lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applying for:Senior Chemist