With our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Hatfield, PA, Electronic Fluorocarbons, LLC is a leading supplier of specialty gases, fluorocarbons and rare gases. We supply quality products to global gas distributors, with unparalleled service. We are growing and are looking to add to our team of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure success and growth for the future. Come join our team!
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Chemist. This position is primarily responsible for instrument validation, producing final MSA reports in Minitab, monitoring SPC/SQC data, and accurately analyzing and reporting results for Incoming raw material, in process, and final product as required by Electronic Fluorocarbon’s quality system. This position will also schedule, instruct, and guide junior chemists.
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures all analytical instrumentation is maintained in qualified and operational condition at all times, reporting and exceptions to the Plant Management.
- Completes all preventive and corrective maintenance and calibration activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures all instruments are validated according to Electronic Fluorocarbon’s MSA program.
- Prepares full MSA report using Minitab.
- Improving metrology capability, including the selection of new instrumentation
- Ensures laboratory standards, reagents, consumables and other supplies are maintained in stock or are available to support quality control activities.
- Performs analyses for Incoming raw material, in process and final product as required by Electronic Fluorocarbons’ quality system.
- Prepares and maintains analytical documentation on all conducted analyses as required by Electronic Fluorocarbons’ quality system.
- Completes all analytical or other tasks required by Electronic Fluorocarbons’ quality, SHE, or other systems as assigned.
- Attends training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not
- limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on
- time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- External Working Relationships – Develops and maintains courteous and effective working relationships with clients, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
- Safety and Security –All employees are responsible for observing safety and security
- procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual must be able to pass a drug test.
Bachelor’s degree required, Masters degree preferred, or a minimum of 10 years Electronics Gas Laboratory experience
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance work instructions, standard operating procedures, and instrument/ equipment manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of: Database Software (Access);; Internet Software; Manufacturing Software;; Spreadsheet Software (Excel);; Inventory Software; Order Processing Systems;; Word Processing Software (Word); Electronic Mail Software (Outlook); Presentation software (PowerPoint); Minitab; LIMS.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear; sit; stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl; and walk.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move more than 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to more than 100 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: