With our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Hatfield, PA, Electronic Fluorocarbons, LLC is a leading supplier of specialty gases, fluorocarbons and rare gases. We supply quality products to global gas distributors, with unparalleled service. We are growing and are looking to add to our team of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure success and growth for the future. Come join our team!
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Chemist. This position is primarily responsible for maintaining all instruments, standards, and other necessary analytical items as well as implementing new lab equipment and completing the required validation/Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA). Position will also accurately analyze and report results for incoming raw material, in process and final product as required by Electronic Fluorocarbons' quality system by performing the following duties:
- Ensures all analytical instrumentation is maintained in qualified and operational condition at all times, reporting and exceptions to the Lab Manager and Plant Manager.
- Responsible for new instrument instillation and implementation as well as validation studies of equipment.
- Completes all preventive and corrective maintenance and calibration activities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures laboratory standards, reagents, consumables and other supplies are maintained in stock or are available to support quality control activities.
- Performs analyses for incoming raw material, in process and final product as required by Electronic Fluorocarbons' quality system.
- Prepares and maintains analytical documentation on all conducted analyses as required by Electronic Fluorocarbons' quality system.
- Completes all analytical or other tasks required by Electronic Fluorocarbons' quality, SHE, or other systems as assigned.
- Proficiently operates 100% of the analytical equipment, including, but not limited to, Process Analyzers, GC, GC-MS, and ICP-MS.
- Must be certified to test all EFC products that come into the Laboratory.
- Attends training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry with at least 3years of instrument validation experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, ERP system, Lab Information Management Systems and Minitab.
- The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test.
Job Type: Full-time
Please email your resume and cover letter to: