With our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Hatfield, PA, Electronic Fluorocarbons, LLC is a leading supplier of specialty gases, fluorocarbons and rare gases. We supply quality products to global gas distributors, with unparalleled service. We are growing and are looking to add to our team of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure success and growth for the future. Come join our team!
We have an immediate opening for a Plant Engineer. This position manages the complex architectural design, electrical, mechanical, environmental and layout development work in connection with equipment, new construction or rearrangements in plant facility. Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Drive the development, maintenance and execution of the facility’s quality and safety, health and environmental systems.
- Administer and resolve all technical maintenance issues.
- Ensure compliance to all state and federal regulations and design appropriate plant maintenance programs to reduce all downtime.
- Collaborate with various departments to maintain mechanical integrity of all plant programs.
- Oversee the monitoring and maintenance of plant equipment and machinery.
- Ensure the facility is compliant with the relevant regulations and that regular check-ups are carried out to verify that machinery and processes are safe.
- Develops operational plans for projects at the plant, such as renovation or construction, maintenance and machine installation.
- Designs manufacturing layouts, coordinating equipment selections, interacting with contractors and evaluating quotes.
- Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in area of expertise.
- Directly supervises 2 employees within the department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Hands on mentality. Willing to work off peak hours to achieve maximum productivity within the
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA) in Chemical Engineering and 2+ years of experience in the cylinder gas industry.
- Computer skills required: Contract Management Systems; Development Software; Inventory Software; Microsoft Office; Project Management Software, autocad or similar.
- Distillation experience
- Process control
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Educates others on the value of diversity; Promotes a harassment-free environment; Builds a diverse workforce.
- Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility for subordinates’ activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services.; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Must pass a drug test.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Frequently required to stand, walk, utilize hand and finger dexterity, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Frequently work near moving mechanical parts and around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals.
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee occasionally lifts and /or moves more than 100 pounds and frequently lifts
- and/or moves up to 50 pounds.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: