Applications of R-134a
- The primary use of R-134a is as a substitute for chlorofluorocarbon (CFC-12) products in refrigeration
- Used in magnesium production as an SF6 replacement
- Paired with SF6 for laser machining of silicon
- Highly purified forms are used as a propellant in some medical sprays and inhalers
- Markets that use R-134a: the automotive aftermarket, the foam expansion and propellant market, automotive OEMs, the stationary aftermarket, the stationary OEM market, and others
Advantages of R-134a over other refrigerants
- A reduced effect on global warming
- Relatively nontoxic to humans
Where to buy R-134a
Since April 2017, imports of R-134a from China have been subject to an antidumping order and a tariff of 3.7 percent ad valorem, increasing the importance of reliable sources like Electronic Fluorocarbons. Because of that antidumping order, local sourcing of 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane is more reliable. We are proud to be sourcing American produced R134a. We offer a range of cylinder sizes, from disposable to HTON, and a variety of packaging options.
Electronic Fluorocarbons keeps up with the latest developments and requirements of the refrigeration industry so that you can meet all of your customer’s needs. We offer specialty chemicals at up to 99.999% purity. Please call 1-888-924-3371 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about R-134a and our full range of rare and high purity gases.